Girls Varsity Lacrosse
The two remaining Saturday practices are canceled. Coaches are re-evaluating and will determine the best plan to continue skill-based practices after the holidays. Check back for more information soon.
Our pre season conditioning is starting after Thanksgiving break! Coach Connolly will be handling this for our team, and I will be popping by as I can. This conditioning will be for potential girls lacrosse players only. Details:
This is the most current schedule for our Saturday out of season practices, weather depending:
Practice time is adjusted for this Saturday, Oct. 28th. We will be at the stadium from 1:30pm-3:30pm this weekend only.
****This Saturday's practice is canceled (10/14) due to an unforseen circumstance. We will begin next Saturday, Oct. 21st!****
1. Contact InformationInformation was collected from the girls, however if there is an email address you would like added to the distribution list, please let me know.There are several ways to keep up with the latest information on girls lacrosse:
- Email blast like this one. Contact me directly at email@example.com
- Website: www.colganathletics.org - information posted under "news" on the girls lacrosse section
- Facebook: Colgan Girls Lacrosse
- Twitter: @colgangirlslax
- Instagram: colgangirlslax
- Remind texts: This is being set up, a new email with how to sign up will be sent2. Participation PaperworkThere are 4 main things that MUST be complete before any player is allowed to participate in out of season practices, which also includes those participating in Fall Brawl.
- Physical, must be dated after May 1, 2017
- Blue emergency contact card. These were sent home with those at today's meeting and will need to be turned in to me the first practice they attend.
- Eligibility form. Players at the meeting today filled them out. If you weren't there, you can get one at the first practice.
- Concussion program. Players who have taken the concussion testing (if they have played a sport AT COLGAN), may take the course online. For Freshman and players who have never played a sport, you must attend an in-person training held throughout the year.3. Out of Season PracticesOut of season practices start Saturday, October 14th on the stadium field from 1-3pm. They will be held every Saturday, weather permitting. These are open to all players of any skill level. We will work on conditioning, stick work and skills. These practices are completely optional, but a great way to get a head start on the season.
Player interest meeting on Thursday, October 5th at 2:30 in Mrs. Beckman's classroom 1122
We will discuss fall and winter practices, out of season conditioning, Fall Brawl and tryouts for the upcoming season.